We've just submitted an ethics amendment to allow adolescents aged 16 and 17 to participate in the study. Once we hear the result of that request, we'll start our final advertising push. We're hoping to get a least another few hundred participants during this time. This week we've set up two advertising campaigns on facebook.
One thing I've learned over the past ten months is that it's hard to get people on board for a longitudinal study like this! It takes a lot of diligence and motivation for people to stick with it, and complete all six time points, let alone sign up in the first place. If any of you are able to help us get more people involved, it would be fantastic!
How can you help?
- Talk about the study! Tell family and friends about this research, and why you think it's interesting or important.
- Share this website on facebook. This exposure to your entire facebook friend list is invaluable to us, and extends our reach further than we could ever get it without you, and only takes about 30 seconds: Just post www.moodstressandsex.com into your 'status update' box.
- Help us widen our reach by sending an email with the study information to a selection of your contact list - maybe family and friends, work colleagues, or acquaintances you think might want to get on board. I've included the text of an email from me, (which you could forward on) here and the attachment is here.
- Put up a flyer on your work or community notice board. Here are a few options: Flyer 1, Flyer 2, Flyer 3, Flyer 4, Flyer 5
- You might have a job that provides you with unique influence to spread the word. If so, I'd love to hear from you!
We'll keep you posted on advertising progress, and news on the study over the coming weeks.
All the best,